All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup August 10, 2020 – FDA.gov
- B.C. records 131 new COVID-19 cases over three days, as active cases surge past 400 – Global News
- COVID-19 Update: Chronic Fatigue, Preventing Next 5M Cases – Medscape
- Coronavirus Update: Europe alarmed as U.S. hits 5 million cases, with numbers rising in nearly 20 states – The Globe and Mail
- Canada reports 195 new coronavirus cases, 5 more deaths – Global News
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.