All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- COVID-19 update for Oct. 15: 667 new cases, 13 deaths | U.S. to accept mixed-vaxxed travellers | U.S. to open land borders on Nov. 8 for vaccinated foreign travellers – Vancouver Sun
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 10/15/21 – FDA.gov
- COVID-19 Update: 1,051 new cases, 16 deaths | U.S. to allow travellers with mixed vaccinations | Influenza shots begin Monday – Calgary Herald
- COVID-19 Live Updates: News on coronavirus in Calgary for Oct. 14 – Calgary Herald
- COVID-19 update for Oct. 14: 580 new cases, 9 deaths | New ‘circuit-breaker’ restrictions introduced in northern B.C. | Point Roberts leaders want COVID test exemption for Canadian visitors – Vancouver Sun
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.