All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- Coronavirus update: BC reports 465 new cases, 12 deaths – CTV News Vancouver
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: January 19, 2021 – FDA.gov
- Alberta’s COVID-19 positivity rate declining but health system still under ‘severe strain’: Hinshaw – Global News
- Nearly half of Saskatchewan’s 225 coronavirus deaths reported in past month – Global News
- Nova Scotia reports 4 new cases of COVID-19, vaccine rollout continues to expand – Global News
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.