All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- Canada reports 219 new coronavirus infections as two-thirds of overall cases recover – Globalnews.ca
- Coronavirus updates: Seven-day average case total in the U.S. sets record for 27th straight day – The Washington Post
- COVID-19 update – 5 July 2020 – WA Health
- Coronavirus update: Trump says U.S. has ‘made a lot of progress’ controlling the pandemic as the country logs 26th straight day of record average case totals – The Washington Post
- COVID-19 update – 4 July 2020 – WA Health
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.