All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- COVID-19 update for June 30: 273 people in hospital, 17 deaths over seven days | NACI recommends fall booster shot in advance of possible wave – Vancouver Sun
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Recommends Inclusion of Omicron BA.4/5 Component for COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses | FDA – FDA.gov
- Cases and deaths down in this week’s BC COVID-19 update – Victoria – Times Colonist
- COVID-19: 273 people in hospital, 17 deaths over seven days – Vancouver Sun
- Covid-19 update: Eight further deaths, 6984 new cases in community – RNZ
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.