All the latest new about COVID-19 will be posted below.
- COVID-19 update: B.C. adds 1168 cases as hospitalizations reach new record – CTV News Vancouver
- COVID-19 update for April 14: Indoor dining ban to be extended | State of emergency extended – Vancouver Sun
- FDA.gov Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: April 13, 2021 – FDA.gov
- COVID-19 update: B.C. adds 873 cases as variant count tops 5000 – CTV News Vancouver
- Hinshaw to give COVID-19 update Tuesday as Alberta nears 15000 active cases – CTV Edmonton
Symptoms of COVID-19
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. We are currently investigating if the virus can be transmitted to others if someone is not showing symptoms. While experts believe that it is possible, it is considered less common.
Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
In severe cases, infection can lead to death.